Established in 2011, LimeCulture Community Interest Company (CIC) is the UK’s leading specialist sexual violence training and development organisation. In addition to a focus on training, LimeCulture has strong partnerships with a wide-range of organisations, supporting policy makers, statutory agencies and regulatory bodies to assist them with their roles.
Since it’s formation, LimeCulture had grown considerably, as had their website. A custom solution, it had served them well to date, however, even administrative changes would often require assistance from the incumbent external developer, incurring time and cost. Navigating the site had become complex, with the structure more suited to internal than external users. LimeCulture also had a successful WordPress-based blog, however this was hosted separately to the main website. With overlap between the two sites, it wasn’t always clear to users which was the main website.
LimeCulture’s primary objectives were to:
- Gain more control and ownership of their website, including a more standardised solution they would be able to support and manage themselves
- Build a responsive, mobile-first, scalable platform that would grow to fit LimeCulture’s ongoing business requirements
- Integrate the limeculture.wordpress.com blog with the main website, whilst maintaining search engine rankings for both sites
- Simplify the overall structure of the website, improving accessibility to external users
- Improve site security by implementing HTTPS (SSL certificate)
- Train internal staff on the new solution
Much of LimeCulture’s work is centred on training and events, so the new website would require an updated Events Management solution, with existing booking data migrated into the new solution; downtime during the migration would of course also need to be minimised. The existing process for booking events had become cumbersome, with much of the activity occurring ‘offline’. Atomicity were asked to review the existing processes, recommend any areas for improvement, and implement these where appropriate.
Using a consultative approach throughout, Atomicity designed and built a new limeculture.co.uk website based on existing brand guidelines, deploying WordPress as the content management system (CMS).
New website hosting providers were shortlisted and a new supplier selected based on appropriate cost, performance, availability and backup criteria.
To maintain search engine rankings, appropriate redirects were implemented for legacy pages and for the integration of the previously independent blog.
A new Event Management solution was integrated into the website, with previous and current bookings data imported into the new solution. Following workshops with the operations, training and finance teams, a more streamlined process was designed and documented.
Training (with supporting material) was provided for internal staff to get them up to speed quickly with minimum disruption.
- Clean, responsive website built for LimeCulture providing a single point of reference for all users
- Improved performance, user and customer experience
- Improved security, brand confidence and SEO rankings through SSL
- Reduced reliance (and therefore reduced cost) through elimination of on-going external developer support for administrative tasks
What our client says
“We approached Atomicity because we needed advice on the design and functionality of our website, ensuring our customers have a good experience and are able to book our training courses, or to find out more about our development and consultancy business. Atomicity helped us by advising us on design, technology, accessibility, tracking and monitoring, and by ensuring that the back end of the site was tailored to work effectively with our administration and office functions, as well as building our site for us.
We are absolutely delighted with the look and functionality of our new website, and in addition have been equipped with the technical knowhow to update it as we need. Atomicity was great at staying in touch, updating key team members, and taking our comments and ideas and developing them into a new website to support our growing business. We would absolutely recommend working with Atomicity to anyone who needs technical design and business advice from a highly trusted, professional source and hope to work with them again in the future.”
Jo Seward, Operations Director, LimeCulture CIC. December 2017
What’s your next project? We would love to help grow your business…
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01892 800301